Saturday, June 20, 2009

My personal outlook of life

Last week, I had the opportunity to speak in front of a fine audience. In my speech, I approached my philosophy of life.

As a 10 years old, I had an epiphany. I realized that life was one great big adventure after another. I envisioned my life and saw great adventures ahead and I wanted to experience them them head-on.

And that I've done! There have been exciting adventures, happy adventures, dangerous ones, sad and unhappy ones and just plain fun adventures.

With the happy, exciting and fun adventures I, of course, wanted to be able to live them forever and never let it end. But with the unhappy and sad times I wanted to speed up time to get through it. In those dismal days, I always kept in mind "This too shall pass"

As a writer, I have been able to see adventures in all nooks and crannies of my life bring them into existence and sharing them with others in my short stories, plays and books. I have been able to create and "meet" a number of characters.

Soon, I will introduce you to my latest character, Freddy. A young bird, who ate too many french fries and it too heavy to fly. With his little friends, Alfie, Jeanie and Robby, he has some very exciting adventures while he loses his big belly and learns how to fly again.

Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment