Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fans on the subway

Well, today I took the subway. As always, I'm very aware of the children, so that I can promote and share my book with as many as possible. I have an "avtivity flyer" for the children that has crossword puzzles and other word games on it. The children like it because it is fun. The parents like it, because it is educational.

I gave the two girls my flyer and they immediately started to solve the crossword puzzle. While at Christie station a little boy and his dad entered the train. I gave him a flyer as well. He sat near the two little girls and they started talking to him. They put their heads together and were working together to solve the puzzles. When the train arrived at the Yonge/Bloor, I waved good-bye, but the children were too busy and hardly waved good-bye. I was very honoured that they were too busy with my flyer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Didi,
    You'll have to forgive me, for some reason my hotmail account filed your email in the junk folder, when I went to mark it as safe the email was deleted(I didn't even get a chance to read it). If you could resend it that would be great. I'm guessing that hotmail assumed it was spam.

    P.s Very cute subway story. I love it when people interact with each other on the TTC, its so much nicer than starring blankly into space.

    ReplyDelete